Bazooka Joe (1979 Topps Burger King)
Original baseball card art
In 1974, Burger King introduced the slogan, "Have it your way." A few years later, that meant you could order your burger with a side of Topps baseball cards. Meet the '79 Phillies... Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Larry Bowa, Greg Luzinski, etc. Got Bazooka Joe in there wearing the BK crown.
Bazooka gum was first distributed shortly after World War II in the U.S. by the Topps Company in Brooklyn, New York. It was then placed inside wax packages of baseball cards throughout the decades to cross promote products. After 1991, Topps ended this practice... as collectors no longer wanted cards stained by sticks of bubble gum.
More about my 17" diamond baseball card artworks
- Each diamond is produced on a 12" wooden artist panel, which measures 17" x 17" when hung on a wall.
- Made with spray-painted plexiglass, layered on top of tiled baseball cards.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.