1988 Donruss Rated Rookies
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
One of the most iconic baseball images of my childhood was the Rated Rookie logo. Donruss started rating rookies in 1984, and then introduced this logo in '85. The backs of their cards rotated in color each year between blue and orange, and the 1988 blue backs helped me re-create the logo for this piece.
The most noteworthy players in this 20 card set were led my beloved Mark Grace along with Roberto Alomar, Jack McDowell, Al Leiter and Lance Johnson.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
I was inspired by my childhood baseball card collection to create wall art that celebrates the pop culture icons of the sport and hobby. So, I've produced a series of diamond-shaped paintings, which incorporate the use of vintage cards... often done in tiled mosaics.
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.