Dave Parker: Boppin' (1980 Topps Superstar Jumbo)
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
Dave Parker was friggin' awesome. In 1976, the Pirates were on a losing streak, so Parker wore this t-shirt to the ballpark to get his teammates goin'. The photo of him wearing the shirt is legendary! Made with a bunch of oversized 5" x 7" 1980 Topps Superstar Jumbo cards underneath a layer of spray-painted plexiglass... with yellow stripes to compliment the Pirates cap.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
I was inspired by my childhood baseball card collection to create wall art that celebrates the pop culture icons of the sport and hobby. So, I've produced a series of diamond-shaped paintings, which incorporate the use of vintage cards... often done in tiled mosaics.
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.