Goose Egg (Rich Gossage)
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
When a team has zeros on the scoreboard, we refer to those as goose eggs... and Rich "Goose" Gossage recorded a ton of zeros while closing out some crucial games throughout his HOF career. Could I have just painted a goose instead? Sure... but that would've required no thought from anyone. Featuring cards from the 1982 & 1983 Topps set, when Goose was wearing Yankees pinstripes.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
I was inspired by my childhood baseball card collection to create wall art that celebrates the pop culture icons of the sport and hobby. So, I've produced a series of diamond-shaped paintings, which incorporate the use of vintage cards... often done in tiled mosaics.
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.