Rickey Henderson Rookie (1980 Topps Comic)
Original baseball card art
One of the cool things about old Topps designs were the comics on the back of the cards... a link to the company's chewing gum marketing. And one of the coolest cats to ever run the bases was Rickey, MLB's all-time stolen base leader. The back of his rookie card in 1980 was in a cardboard blue print and featured a comic of a masked robber stealing bases out of a safe.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.