Topps All-Star Rookie
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
In 1960, Topps introduced their All-Star Rookie Team, and the following year they unveiled this trophy design. The logo was a staple until 1973, when they replaced it with a smaller "cup" version that became common throughout the 80's. I used some vintage 1971 cards including Thurman Munson and Larry Bowa... a 1970 Lou Piniella, a 1963 Boog Powell... along with some reprints (Tom Seaver, Johnny Bench, Rod Carew, Joe Morgan) and newer Topps Heritage cards to create this piece.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
I was inspired by my childhood baseball card collection to create wall art that celebrates the pop culture icons of the sport and hobby. So, I've produced a series of diamond-shaped paintings, which incorporate the use of vintage cards... often done in tiled mosaics.
- My paintings are done on wood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square, which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.