How Rickey Stole Christmas
Hand-painted collectible baseball card
Every year on December 25th, a really important birthday is celebrated: Rickey Henderson! Rickey was born on this wintery Christmas date of 1958 in Chicago. To celebrate baseball's greatest base stealer, I've designed a set of ornaments for your tree.
The holiday green ornament features the 1st name of Rickey's iconic signature... a nod to his strange habit of referring to himself in the 3rd person. The red ornament uses design elements from the back of his 1985 Topps card #115 (which was produced with green and red print). Each ornament has a beaded chain attached to it for hanging.
These shatterproof ornaments are available to purchase in three options:
- A single green & gold Rickey signature ornament.
- A pair of green & red ornaments.
- My bubble gum portrait of Rickey on the back of an authentic 1985 Topps, combined with a pair of green & red ornaments.
About my collector cards
After purchasing some old wax packs to study the size and texture of gum sticks, I developed my own paint techniques in order to replicate it. Now, I hand-paint bubble gum directly onto vintage baseball cards to create small collectibles.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original hand-painted gum onto a baseball card.
- Each collector card is paint-marked with it's edition number.
- These art cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... customized with my matching Rosen signature label.
- I do not sign these cards by request. However, your package will include bonus items personally autographed by me.
Expected delivery time for pre-orders
Are you purchasing a pre-order? My pre-order listings are for card art that has not been painted yet. In most cases, I already have the card in stock to paint on, and will create your artwork within a few days of your purchase. Thanks for your patience.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.