G-Sticks: '80 Topps Rickey Comic
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
Available for pre-order
Save 10% when you order a set of both
One of the cool things about old Topps designs were the comics on the back of the cards... a link to the company's Bazooka brand. One of my all-time favorite comics is found on the back of Rickey Henderson's 1980 rookie, featuring a masked robber stealing bases out of a safe. The caption reads, "Rickey had 7 stolen bases in one game at Modesto, May 26, 1977."
This inked gum stick is available in both a clear edition, and colored edition. The colored version, on black card stock, will be signed on the back.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.