G-Sticks: '80 Topps Rickey Henderson Series 1
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
Available for a limited time only!
Pre-order by Tuesday March 9th. Get a set of both cards for a 10% discount.
Celebrating one of the most iconic cards of the 80's... featuring the equally iconic Rickey signature and batting stance. I've created repeat patterns to convey the mass print production that was about to begin in the next 12 months, as the Junk Wax era launched with market competition in 1981.
I also always like to repeat the 1st name in Rickey's signature, as Rickey comically referred to himself in the 3rd person.
Actual vintage card not included.
Each card is signed on the back, and will be made per order.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.