G-Sticks: '89 Topps All-Stars
Hand-made collectible art card
The '89 Topps All-Star has always been among my favorites from the Junk Wax era. It's waving ribbon and script font are instantly recognizable among hobbyists. So, I decided to use this set as the basis for my first installation of a brand new series of art: G-Sticks.
Each custom card features a vintage stick of wax pack bubble gum, illustrated with ink. This particular set uses a heavy black card stock, and a glittery-black texture to create a monochrome background for the illustrated gum stick to "pop" on.
These pieces of original artwork are photographed without their One-Touch lid, to highlight the black texture... and the original baseball card is only shown for reference.
The vintage baseball card is not included!
Each card will be signed on the back.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is placed onto a custom-designed card, using a heavy 75pt stock to make the artwork pop!
- The gum stick portrait is placed in the exact position in which the player's image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch 130pt magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Stick cards are signed on the back, and will ship with bonus autographed items.