G-Sticks: '91 Topps Chipper Jones
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
In 1991, Topps celebrated the 40th anniversary of their first set from 1951. Coincidentally, this would mark the last year in which they would include gum in wax packs. I've commemorated it with one of my favorite cards from the set... the Chipper Jones rookie. This two-color design features a gold accent for the 40th Anniversary with young Chipper on a vintage stick of gum.
As with all my G-Stick portraits, the gum is placed to align with the positioning of the player photo on the actual card.
Unlike my G-Sticks done on black stock, this card will not be signed on the back. However, it will ship with other signed goodies.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.