Available for 1 week only.
Then, it gets taken off the table.
Pre-Order by 12pm CT, Sunday, April 11, 2021.
Records will be printed & shipped within 1-2 weeks.
Highlighting the mass production of the iconic 1985 Topps Record Breakers, and its yellow starburst callout. Experts estimate the print run of this set exceeded 800K, and Dwight Gooden's card #3 gets all the attention. Considered one of his rookie cards, Doc set the new record for most strikeouts in a rookie season (276)... passing Cleveland's Herb Score (245 Ks in 1955).
However, there are two other cards from this set that also stand out:
- #6 - Pete Rose passing Ty Cobb for most singles in history... foreshadowing his next mark, passing Cobb for most career hits in the '85 campaign.
- #7 - Nolan Ryan passes Steve Carlton to become the all-time strikeout leader. This was one of several instances in which the two hurlers passed each other for the career lead. Of course, Ryan is the game's all-time leader with 5,714... and in fact he's the only pitcher to ever record 5,000 Ks. Randy Johnson (4,875), Roger Clemens (4,672), and Steve Carlton (4,136) are the only others to reach 4,000.
About Junk Wax Records
In 1980, Fleer won a 5-year long monopolization lawsuit vs Topps, opening up the baseball card market for competition. Throughout the decade, production increased and boxes of wax packs filled the shelves of new hobby shops across America.
Before a record album is pressed onto vinyl, it first gets mastered, or cut, on wax. Junk Wax Records is a mashup of iconic cards from this era and recycled 12-inch LPs. My Junk Wax logo is inspired by the Fleer crown, as their court battle flipped this industry upside down.
Collect my limited album label print releases, before they get taken off the table forever!
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- Original album artwork on a recycled 12 inch LP.
- Each record features custom baseball card art labels on both the A-side and B-side.
- Your vinyl will ship inside a clear 12" record sleeve, with additional sticker label packaging in vintage album style.
- The packaging and/or album will be signed by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.