Rookie Cup Still Life
Made-to-order baseball card art
Reimagining pop art. This Topps All-Star Rookie Cup is inspired by Roy Lichtenstein's 1972 Still Life... an oil on canvas which was last sold for $4,085,000. The Rookie Cup itself is an iconic, mass produced object... especially during the Junk Wax era. It is a defining element of the hobby's pop culture.
Available for pre-order in 2 sizes:
Original painting by Roy Lichtenstein in 1972
How this acrylic print is made
I wanted to offer some budget-friendly wall art to fans of my work. So, I’ve partnered with Gooten to create high-quality prints on-demand. Gooten is named in honor of Johannes Gutenberg, creator of the first printing press, and the digital prints they produce are excellent… meeting my high standards. I’ve chosen to have my artwork produced on acrylic to compliment my plexiglass paintings.
- The designs are printed on high resolution archival paper with archival inks.
- Each print is fused onto the back side of the acrylic pane for a modern, frameless look.
- A french cleat box is mounted on the back for wall hanging.
- All pieces are original designs by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.
- Orders will be shipped directly from Gooten.
High quality digital print is fused underneath a layer of 1/8” thick acrylic.
The hanging cleat box helps the artwork float nicely off the wall.
Each order ships ready to hang with hardware included.