1915 Cracker Jacks (Set of 3)
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
It's said that this set from the Deadball Era is among the most attractive cards ever produced. They are very difficult to locate, making them the equivalent of baseball card gold (hence, why I've incorporated metallic gold into the artwork). A Christy Mathewson sold for $95,000 in 2012.
Among the reprints included in these 3 works are Christy Mathewson, "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, "Three Finger" Mordecai Brown, Connie Mack, Charles Comiskey, Branch Rickey, Hippo Vaughn, Fred Merkle, Walter Johnson, Ty Cobb, Joe Tinker, and Johnny Evers. They look so brilliant together, it would be a shame to split them up. So, they are being listed as a set of three.
Note: This piece of artwork won't be available to ship until May 2020, as it will be on public display.
More about my 17" diamond baseball card artworks
If the year was 1915 and you attended a baseball game... you probably would've bought a box of Cracker Jacks. Inside that box, you would've found a baseball card... perhaps a Ty Cobb, Shoeless Joe Jackson, or Honus Wagner.
- Each diamond is produced on a 12" wooden artist panel, which measures 17" x 17" when hung on a wall.
- Made with spray-painted plexiglass, layered on top of tiled baseball cards.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.