Original baseball card art
This Bazooka Joe/Mr. Red mashup was made with the 1983 Topps Reds team set... featuring Tom Seaver, Mario Soto, Johnny Bench, Dave Concepcion etc.
Bazooka gum was first distributed shortly after World War II in the U.S. by the Topps Company in Brooklyn, New York. It was then placed inside wax packages of baseball cards throughout the decades to cross promote products. After 1991, Topps ended this practice... as collectors no longer wanted cards stained by sticks of bubble gum.
More about my 17" diamond baseball card artworks
- Each diamond is produced on a 12" wooden artist panel, which measures 17" x 17" when hung on a wall.
- Made with spray-painted plexiglass, layered on top of tiled baseball cards.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.