Rickey Henderson Rookie (1980 Topps #482)
Original baseball card art
Iconic card, iconic signature. The 1980 Rickey Henderson rookie is the most valuable card from the decade, with one selling for a record-shattering $30,000 at an auction in 2015. It perfectly captures Rickey's memorable batting stance and was printed before the card boom of the mid-80's... meaning there isn't an obscene amount of them in circulation.
Topps has issued several commemorative reprints over the years, honoring one of its greatest cards. This piece was made by layering spray-painted plexiglass on top of seventy reprints of this valuable card.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.