Hand-made collectible art card
In 1981, Topps introduced their first boxed "Traded" set, which was basically a software update. It contained 132 cards of players either dealt to new teams, or who didn't have their own rookie card printed yet. The set was packaged in small boxes that rotated in color each year. The inaugural set in '81 was red, then they went blue ('82), green ('83), brown ('84), and purple ('85).
Topps continued this packaging through 1991. I've always found the box to be rather iconic, so I've replicated it in this series. Each gum stick is illustrated with it's matching card. Card number included in the box design.
You may custom order any card from the 1981-91 Traded sets. For custom orders, please leave a note at checkout detailing which card you want.
Topps Traded Box Colors
|1981 - Red
1982 - Blue
1983 - Green
1984 - Brown
1985 - Purple
1986 - Red
1987 - Green
1988 - Blue
1989 - Red
1990 - Brown
1991 - Green
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.