Eddie Murray #700 (1985 Topps)
Original baseball card art
Eddie is an experiment of composition and style, surrounding the narrative of mass produced bubble gum cards throughout the Junk Wax era. The patterned 700 from the back of the card conveys print production, while the card's stats are overlaid within the portrait.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.