T206 Honus Wagner (Giant Cigarette)
Original baseball card art
The T206 Honus Wagner is the most sought after baseball card in the hobby. This dead-ball era set was designed and issued by the American Tobacco Company from 1909 to 1911. However, Wagner was opposed to being placed on a tobacco advertisement, and his cards were discontinued. Thus, making them even more rare today. In October 2016, an authentic Wagner was sold at auction for a record $3.12 million.
I've always wanted to execute this concept. I purchased materials a long while back, and finally created it! The cigarette is 60.5" long, made from PVC pipe. It features:
- A modern portrait of the Wagner T206.
- Lettering from the bottom of the card... with "Pittsburg" spelled from the era.
- Gold ring, a common design feature of pre-rolled cigarettes.
- 150 mark, as a reference to the 150 Base Ball Subjects in the set.
- A filter at the bottom (sponge foam).
- Tobacco at the top (sculpted foam and spackle).
- Rosen signature logo on the back.