T206 Honus Wagner (Giant Cigarette)
Original baseball card art
The T206 Honus Wagner is the most sought after baseball card in the hobby. This dead-ball era set was designed and issued by the American Tobacco Company from 1909 to 1911. However, Wagner was opposed to being placed on a tobacco advertisement. He didn't want children buying tobacco in order to get his trading card, so his prints were discontinued. Thus, making them even more rare today. In October 2016, an authentic Wagner was sold at auction for a record $3.12 million.
I've always wanted to execute this concept. I purchased materials a long while back, and finally created it! The cigarette is 60.5" long, made from PVC pipe. It features:
- A modern portrait of the Wagner T206.
- Lettering from the bottom of the card... with "Pittsburg" spelled from the era.
- Gold ring, a common design feature of pre-rolled cigarettes.
- 150 mark, as a reference to the 150 Base Ball Subjects in the set.
- A filter at the bottom (sponge foam).
- Tobacco at the top (sculpted foam and spackle).
- Rosen signature logo on the back.