1982 Topps All-Stars
Delivery time is estimated at 7-10 days.
Original baseball card art
In 1982, Topps brought back dedicated, single-player All-Star cards... meaning the player had a regular card in the set and an additional All-Star card. They continued this throughout the 80's. The stars and stripes graphic used in the '82 set stands out as some of the most iconic artwork designed by Topps during this era. It's among my favorite designs!
So, I've captured it in this piece, using several of the cards from the set: Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Rod Carew, Goose Gossage, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Reggie Jackson, Fernando Valenzuela, Bruce Sutter, Tom Seaver, and Jack Morris. The cards are layered underneath spray painted plexiglass.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
I was inspired by my childhood baseball card collection to create wall art that celebrates the pop culture icons of the sport and hobby. So, I've produced a series of diamond-shaped paintings, which incorporate the use of vintage cards... often done in tiled mosaics.
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.