Original baseball card art
The 1987 Topps set is quite memorable for its wooden frame, but what I love most is the back. The blue print with yellow highlights appears green from a distance, and it incorporates the comic-inspired font from the front side. That year was also loaded with young generational talent from the Bash Bros... to Bonds & Bonilla... and of course my Maddux!
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.