Original baseball card art
The Fleer Corporation, makers of Dubble-Bubble, entered the baseball card market n 1981. However, as a child collecting cards in the 80's, I never found myself rushing to the store to buy a pack of Fleer. They just never put out a great looking card. However, Fleer finally designed something memorable in 1989
The vertical gray and white stripes on the Ken Griffey Jr. rookie and Bill Ripken F* Face cards created a lasting impression. It took them a whole decade, but I guess it was worth the wait? Made with 70 cards from the 1989 set, including top rookies Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Craig Biggio, Gary Sheffield, and John Smoltz. Layered underneath painted plexiglass.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.