Original baseball card art
In 1989, Upper Deck entered the market with a new license from MLB to produce "premium" baseball cards. They quickly distinguished themselves with hologram printing on vibrant white card stock. So, I've re-created the old Upper Deck logo using a 1992 Team MVP Holographic Set (one of 216,000 produced).
Complementing the mirrored cards is a spot gloss I made to create a sparkling baseball diamond that changes colors with your viewing angle.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.