Original baseball card art
There's no disputing the greatness of 7-time MVP Barry Bonds. The all-time home run leader (762) ranks 4th on the career WAR list (162.8), trailing only Babe Ruth (182.4), Walter Johnson (164.3), and Cy Young (163.5). However, Bonds' career will be forever be tarnished by his use of steroids. This recreation of his 1986 Topps Traded rookie card is done in monochrome black to symbolize his exclusion from the Hall of Fame. The gum stick, stuck to the back of the card, is the negative mark left on his career. Made with acrylic paint on plywood. No actual cards were harmed in the making of this painting.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.