Deja Vu (1953 Topps Yogi Berra)
Original baseball card art
I wanted to design a piece that fully exposes part of my creative process: the typical bottom layer of tiled cards. To do so, I chose one of my favorite Yogi-isms: It's Deja Vu All Over Again.
The quote is camouflaged with raised letters to express the repeated pattern, using over 100 reprints of 1953 Topps. It was super challenging to make! The font used is League Gothic... which is featured on the front of the 1953 Topps set.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.