G-Stick: Rookie Cup Pattern
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
Custom pre-orders available
The Rookie Cup: a common element of my artwork chosen for its iconic image. This repeated pattern is used to convey the massive overproduction of print runs during the Junk Wax era. Instead of representing the cup in its traditional yellow and back, these color combinations are drawn from the specific card's design.
The gum stick portraits, rotated by 9 degrees to honor the players on the diamond, are centered in this competition. My initials on this piece are a facsimile signature applied in vinyl.
You may pre-order a custom request for any card from as early as 1973, when this Revere Cup was first introduced. Please leave a note with your request at checkout.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.