G-Sticks: '69 Topps Nolan Ryan
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
Available for pre-order
Save 10% when you order a set of both
In 1969, after finishing in 9th place the year before, the Amazing Mets did the unthinkable. In just their 8th season, New York won 100 games on their way to a World Series Championship. The rotation was led by a trio of young arms in Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, and Gary Gentry.
Even more amazing… they also had this 22-year old pitcher by the name of Nolan Ryan in the pen. Ryan made 10 spot-starts… completing 2 of them, and he struck out a lot of guys. This ’69 Topps #533 is among the most iconic. The comic featured on the back is one of my persona favorites: a catcher's mitt on fire when Nolan struck out 14 batters the year before.
My set of 2 gum sticks highlights both the front and back of this collector classic.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.