G-Sticks: '82 Topps #98T Cal Ripken Jr.
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Available for a limited time only
Cards will be made & shipped after the order deadline.
1982 Topps Traded #98T. A purely iconic piece of Junk Wax history.
I've inked Cal's image onto a vintage stick of Topps Chewing Gum. The gum stick is fixed onto a heavy black card stock with the orange colored "hockey stick" design element from the original card. It's complemented by a repeat pattern of the "Jr." from Ripken's card signature... used to convey the increase in print production during this period of time.
The photographed baseball card is not included!
Each card will be signed on the back.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.