G-Sticks: '82 Topps AS Series
Buy any 3 or more G-Sticks & get 20% OFF!
Discount applied at checkout. Note: Any "sets" of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart. You may need to add items separately to count towards your 20% discount.
Hand-made collectible art card
In 1982, Topps brought back dedicated, single-player All-Star cards for the first time since 1970. Players would receive a base card in the set, and an additional All-Star card of their own. This increase marked a new chapter in Topps history, as it became the very first set to include 792 cards.
Topps continued this practice throughout the 80's. However, it was difficult to beat the stars and stripes from ’82. It stands out as one of the most iconic designs by Topps during this era.
As with all my G-Stick portraits, the gum is placed to align with the positioning of the player photo on the actual card. The repeat pattern is a nod to the mass print production of the Junk Wax era.
Cards will be signed on the back.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.