G-Sticks: '88 Topps Record Breakers
Build your collection.
Buy any 2 G-Sticks in the shop & add your 3rd for 50% OFF!
Note: Discounted sets of G-Sticks only count as 1 item in your cart.
Hand-made collectible art card
A mash-up of concepts. This series combines my Junk Wax Records and G-Sticks to create the ultimate Record Breaker baseball card. Made with colored vinyl on black vinyl records... cut to a standard 2.5" x 3.5" baseball card size.
- Card #3: Mark McGwire shattered the rookie record for home runs with 49 (previous was 38 by Frank Robinson in 1956).
- Card #4: Eddie Murray became the 1st player to hit HRs from both sides of the plate in back-to-back games.
- Card #6: Nolan Ryan fanned 200 or more batters for the 11th time, passing former Mets teammate Tom Seaver.
As with all my G-Sticks... the gum portrait is placed in the exact position in which the player's image would appear on the front of the card. Priced at a premium for the extra material and labor to execute this bold concept.
Unlike my G-Sticks on black stock, these broken records will NOT be signed on the back
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is placed onto a custom-designed setting, in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.