Hand-made collectible art card
Available for pre-order
During the 1975 postseason, Joe Garagiola aired a television segment that matched Kurt Bevacqua (Brewers) against Johnny Oates (Phillies) for a Bazooka Bubble Gum Blowing Championship. This produced a rather iconic card of Bevacqua in the following 1976 set.
In 2020, Topps issued a throwback set (print run of only 615), photographing 6 players all blowing bubbles on the field. The most popular card is Ronald Acuna Jr. (#244), fetching the highest prices on the secondary market.
The 3 color design comes at a premium price. Each card will be made per order. Card holder stand not included, used for photographic purposes only.
- Custom orders are accepted to include Bevacqua with any of the 6 cards from this Throwback set.
- For custom orders: Please leave a note at checkout, explaining which player(s) you want.
2020 Topps TBT Set #41 (Bubble Gum Champ) Checklist
|241 Aaron Judge
242 Rafael Devers
243 Cody Bellinger
244 Ronald Acuna Jr.
245 Manny Machado
246 Eugenio Suarez
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.