Save 20% when you purchase a set of all 4
"Homer at the Bat" (February 20, 1992) is an all-time classic Simpsons episode, and has been an inspiration for several pieces of Gum Card art. Now, I'm turning this episode into G-Sticks!
When the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball team makes it to the championship game, Mr. Burns bets them big to win... and brings in nine ringers: Strawberry, Clemens, Boggs, Griffey, Canseco, Mattingly, Scioscia, Steve Sax and Ozzie Smith.
Trouble for all the players ensues: Griffey suffers from a rare case of Gigantism after drinking a strength tonic. Mr Burns constantly pesters Mattingly to shave his non-existent sideburns. Bart and Lisa heckle Strawberry, and Ozzie Smith goes missing when he does some sight-seeing at the Springfield Mystery Spot.
Note: Ozzie Smith will be made on either 1989 Topps #230 or #389 (All Star) depending on availability.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.