Original baseball card art
It was the greatest Cubs pitching performance I've ever seen. In just his 5th career start on a gray May afternoon (5.6.1998), Kerry Wood tied Roger Clemens' record for strikeouts in a 9-inning game by punching out 20 Astros in a 1-hit shutout.
I've used Kerry's 1999 Topps Stadium Club Chrome, which reflects and changes color. Then, I went monochrome Cubbie blue with spot gloss and a touch of holographic paint... so this whole piece reflects light and changes on your viewing angle.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.