Sports Illustrated Covers ('87 Series)
Hand-painted collectible baseball card
Before the internet, Sports Illustrated's weekly magazine was a must have for any sports fan to stay connected to the game. Any athlete on the cover became the new hot topic of discussion. I'm paying tribute to some memorable covers from the 1987 season, by turning them into gum.
The highlight of this series is Andre Dawson's Beanbrawl cover, getting plunked by Padres pitcher Eric Show in the midst of his magical MVP season for the last place Cubs. This particular piece is a diptych of both Dawson and Show's '87 Topps.
Orders in this series will include:
- Eric Show & Andre Dawson - 1/1 Beanbrawl Diptych
- Ozzie Smith & Greg Gagne - 1/1s (Pair)
- Eric Davis & Rob Deer - 1/1s (Pair)
- Bo Jackson - SI - Which Way Bo?
- John Elway - 1/1 Bombs Away
About my collector cards
After purchasing some old wax packs to study the size and texture of gum sticks, I developed my own paint techniques in order to replicate it. Now, I hand-paint bubble gum directly onto vintage baseball cards to create small collectibles.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original hand-painted gum onto a baseball card.
- Each collector card is paint-marked with it's edition number.
- These art cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... customized with my matching Rosen signature label.
- I do not sign these cards by request. However, your package will include bonus items, personally autographed by me.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.