Original baseball card art
The Torco Oil billboard on the rooftop of 3631 Sheffield first went up in 1973, and stayed until April 1996 (with a brief reappearance from 1997-2000). The sign was a Wrigley Field icon, and the right field backdrop for Andre Dawson's incredible summer of 1987. I completed this piece, glitter gold and all, with 1988 Fleer... highlighting The Hawk's MVP season stats on the back.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.