Hand-made collectible art card
Available for Pre-order
1981 marked the beginning of the Junk Wax era. As Topps faced competition for the first time, they developed a new slogan for their packaging: "The Real One."
My Wax Back series features a repeat pattern of the original "Real" design, on a wax paper-like print. The pattern conveys both the mass print production from the era, and the authenticity of the vintage gum stick. While, the wax is an obvious reference to the packaging... using a replicated font on the text portion.
Custom orders are available for any Topps base card from 1981-1991 (the final year Topps packaged card with bubble gum).
Leave a note at checkout, explaining which card(s) you want.
How do these differ from my other G-sticks?
- Price: With a lower production cost, I can offer these at a lower price point.
- Gum placement: On my other G-Sticks, the gum is placed to align with the exact positioning of the photo on the actual card (a highly detailed task). However, these Wax Backs are placed to simply align on the right side of the case.
- Backing: Unlike my G-Sticks with with heavy black card stock and/or vinyl, these Wax Backs use a printed wax paper.
Signing: My black card stock G-Sticks come signed on the back. These Wax Backs will not be signed on the back. However, they will ship with other signed goodies like all my art.
Designer gum sticks. Pop art that actually pops!
My G-Sticks are a series of bubble gum artwork, inspired by that one stick of gum that was stuck to the last card in the wax pack. Typically tilted by 9 degrees, as a nod to the starting 9 on the diamond.
Here's what you'll receive with this order
- My original ink illustration, directly onto a vintage piece of wax pack bubble gum.
- Each illustrated gum stick is backed by a custom-designed setting, and typically placed in the exact position in which the image would appear on the actual card.
- These art cards may be created using a heavy 75pt black stock, an original card, or just the clear case by itself.
- Cards are protected inside an Ultra Pro One Touch magnetic card holder... finished with my matching Rosen signature label.
- My G-Sticks made with black stock are signed on the back, and all cards will ship with bonus autographed items.
You may reference my growing checklist of collector-owned cards.