Wrigley Field Scoreboard Clock (1982 Topps)
Original baseball card art
Wrigley's scoreboard clock is one of my favorite things. The Cubs first introduced the 1:20pm start time on weekends during the 1980-82 seasons, and then made the switch for weekday games in 1983. I've used the 1982 Topps Cubs team set, with their green backs, to create this piece. Lee Smith rookie card included.
More about my 34" diamond baseball card artworks
- My paintings are done on plywood as homage to the game's wooden bats, and shaped like diamonds... a reference to the infield.
- Each diamond is made from a 24" plywood square (1/2" thick), which measures 34" x 34" when hung on a wall.
- Some of my artworks also incorporate the use of spray-painted plexiglass.
- Each painting ships ready to hang, with hardware already installed.
- A printed and signed description of the artwork will be attached to the back prior to shipping.
- All pieces are original artwork by yours truly, Matthew Lee Rosen.